Search This Blog

Monday, January 17, 2011

Smell this tea and dream of what could be.

10:01 pm CET

A thick blanket of fog covered most of the city today. The river was barely visible from Petőfi híd; beyond that only the very top of Gellért Hill could be seen rising above the cloud and if I squinted I could see the Liberty and Elisabeth bridges in the distance. The sunlight was absolutely beautiful against the mist, and I wish I had brought my camera so I could capture this lovely golden morning.

I arrived at Király utca a little early, but Jacob was there early, as well. We went into Starbucks and I got a vanilla latte and a cinnamon bun for breakfast, and then we relocated to a table upstairs by the window. We sat there chatting for around two hours, enjoying one another's company. At least thirty police cars drove by during that time, lights on and sirens blaring, toward what, we did not know. Apparently there have been several protests lately regarding the government's new media censorship laws (which I can completely understand; such legislation is unacceptable, especially from the current EU president nation). Once we'd finished our drinks, we decided to go looking for whatever these cops were going toward, but we didn't see anything even after a few stops on the tram. We went to a grocery store so we could pick up a few things, and then we parted ways.

Upon arriving back at the dorm, I took a quick nap, finished my Zelda game, and started a new one. I've got another meeting with my project advisor tomorrow morning, so I prepared a few things to talk about, but--aside from that--I didn't do much work today. I have two and a half more weeks to work... I think I can get it done in that time. It shouldn't be too difficult. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment