Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Adventure is out there!

11:24 pm CET

In exactly one month, I will be back in the States. It's an odd feeling, really... it's not that I'm tired of being here, but I am absolutely ready to go home. I'm ready to see my friends and my family and share stories and photos, and I am definitely ready to spend some wonderful quality time getting reacquainted with my own bed and shower, haha. Before my trip to London and my final few days in Budapest, however, I have a huge research project to do. Let's just say that I am not looking forward to it. Not at all...

Anyway, yesterday was business as usual, but at least I wasn't alone. Jacob came over and we watched a couple movies and lots of YouTube videos (this is the best one by far: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmts3jhp8Gk&feature=related). It had gotten quite late and, since Jacob is Mr. Lazy and he didn't want to go all the way back to his apartment in the middle of the night, he crashed on the extra bed in my room.

Today we watched yet another movie (Up. It still makes me cry) and read aloud from the awfulness that is "My Immortal" just for shits and giggles (it was as painful to read this time around as it was last year... it's such a terrible crime against the English language). Later in the evening we went to Magyar Optikai Művek (MOM) Park mall not far from my dorm to see Voyage of the Dawn Treader in 3D (and in English! Woohoo!). It was alright; the first Narnia is still the best of the existing three. I nearly had a hysterical laughing fit at the end, though, when Aslan basically said outright that he's Jesus. It was really quite hilarious.

After the movie, we got dinner at a pizza place across from the cinema in the mall. It was nice to get out and do stuff for once; staying here every day in a feeble attempt to save money has gotten a bit boring. Maybe I'll grab some coffee soon and hang out in the shop with a book. Or maybe go to a museum. Or maybe get tickets for the musical that I've been meaning to see. Meh, I'll have to plan everything out and see what I can do. This one month will certainly go by a lot more quickly than I think it will. I suppose I should be living it to its fullest potential, rather than sitting around on my bum watching movies all day. That's probably what I'll be doing once I get home!

No comments:

Post a Comment