Search This Blog

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Everything is beautiful at the ballet.

11:28 am CET

This weekend was fairly good, though I didn't do all that much. Yesterday became my day to catch up on all the sleep I've missed in the past month. I woke up at 1:30 and basically sat in bed all day, which (come on now, let's be honest) was amazing. That evening, though, was a lot fo fun; Niki's English boyfriend--Chris from Liverpool--is visiting for the week, so the two of them joined us for a Bulgarian dinner cooked by Yoana (and Jane. Jane helped, too). After a lovely dinner (with plenty of beyond entertaining conversation), we all went off separately to do whatever we all had planned (I watched Whose Line clips on YouTube, haha).

Today wasn't very eventful, either; at least, not until later. I slept in again and stayed in bed all afternoon stretching and reading. At six Yoana, Ada, Jane, Catherine, Julianne, and I met Jacob at the Opera House for the ballet. We saw Romeo and Juliet--I'd never seen an ballet before, so I was really excited. As the title of this post implies (from A Chorus Line), everything was indeed beautiful at the ballet. Though the story seemed to stray a little from the Bard's tragedy (there was a strange, mischievous green fairy that kept appearing, and it made me wonder if someone had been drinking a little too much absinthe...), it was more or less the same and very easy to follow. The dancers were fabulous; the woman playing Juliet was incredibly graceful and her Romeo was a good match. From where I was sitting, unfortunately, I couldn't see all that much. I had a great view of the pit, though, so I ended up watching the orchestra and the conductor a lot.

Following the ballet, Jacob and I walked from the Opera House to Astoria looking for somewhere to grab a bite to eat. We got a quick dinner and then split up to go home, and now, despite my weekend of sleep, I am exhausted. I certainly hope this week won't tire me out as completely as the past one did; I'm going to need every bit of energy I can muster for when I go to Nice next Sunday. YAY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment