Search This Blog

Friday, September 10, 2010

An entire bottle of Tokaji white wine probably was not the best idea.

10:20 pm CET

It's been raining for the past three days. I really hope the sun comes back soon so I can explore more. The colder it gets, the more reluctant I'll be to go out; about that I'm fairly certain.

So, despite our professor's warnings that Niki, our dear friend and Hungarian go-to girl, would be wrong about at what time the exam was, it turned out that she was correct after all. The exam was not at 9:00 in the morning as our prof said it would be, but rather at noon. That gave us some extra time to study; but even with more time, I was still not very confident going into the test. Hopefully I didn't do too badly...

Over the past week I've found that philosophy just is not my thing. It only makes me angry and frustrated. Thank goodness that this class is over now, though; I don't think I would have been able to make it another week. Cognitive neuroscience is up next--I am feeling far more positive about that course than the one we just finished.

After class, the Carleton girls (Catherine, Jane, and Julianne), Ada, Yoana, and I went out for a celebratory lunch at a different gyros place further down the street from the one we usually go to. It was tasty and the company was fantastic; I felt a whole lot better after lunch than I did immediately following the exam. When we finished, we split up. Ada and I went to the grocery store (is it normal that I go this often? Maybe it's because I don't buy everything at once...) and stocked up on a few things, and then we returned to the dorm to sleep and relax.

Tonight, everyone (with the exceptions of the two Vassar students--Annabeth and Jonathan--and Dan from Reed) got together to make some curry chicken (and veggies for our three vegetarians) for dinner. It was a huge party in the kitchen; we had music blaring (I rocked out to My Sharona, for those who understand the significance), drinks were being passed around, and a good time was had by all. This evening was, quite literally, the epitome of "eat, drink, and be merry." I had so much fun, and it was great to see (mostly) everyone together outside of class.

Tonight I'm staying in, but tomorrow will most likely be a crazy evening. Now that this class is over, it is definitely time to party. Budapest won't know what hit it.

No comments:

Post a Comment