Search This Blog

Saturday, November 27, 2010

I think the universe is trying to make sure that I never see HP7. Jerk.

12:24 am CET

After a long day of exam-taking, we were all rather excited to finally be going to see Harry Potter. Long story short, however, the tickets we thought we had reserved turned out to be nonexistent. Something got horribly lost in translation yesterday when Carrie and I were trying to buy tickets, so we ended up not having any at all. A little deflated, but nonetheless determined to have a decent evening, we went across the city to Vörösmarty tér for a Christmas-y outdoor market that is set up for the weekends leading up to the holiday.

The festival was lovely; there was a ton of delicious-looking (and delicious-smelling!) food, a huge decorated Christmas tree, and shops selling various things from soap to candles to clothing to wine. I got some mulled wine and got to keep the mug commemorating the event. There was so much stuff and the atmosphere was charged with winter cheer; I definitely want to go back another weekend to buy some souvenirs and to try some of that amazing food, haha.

After walking around for a while, we went to a hummus restaurant to get some dinner. It was tasty, but I'm fairly certain I'll be in for a treat when I get to Israel in two weeks (AHHH, SO EXCITED!!). Anyway, when we were done eating, Yoana, Julianne, Catherine and I split from the rest of the group and returned to the dorm. Yoana and I just finished watching The Little Mermaid and now I'm packing for Salzburg, since I have to get up in four hours in order to catch my train at six. Ugggh, I hate having to wake up this early...

On a happier note, tonight marks the first snow in Budapest! It's so pretty; it has only been going for about an hour and a half and there is already a fine layer of pretty white snow all over the street and trees. Salzburg is in for some snow, too... I'll bet it's going to be beautiful! And freezing. But mostly beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment