Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

J'ai besoin de pratiquer mon français maintenant...

10:52 pm CET

My day was boring as hell. I doodled all through class and then skipped Hungarian because I wasn't feeling very well. This whole lack of sleep thing needs to figure itself out; I'm really starting to feel its effects and it is definitely no picnic.

On the bright side, this afternoon I booked round-trip plane tickets and five nights in a good hotel in Nice, France for my October break. I'd been tossing vacation ideas back and forth for a while, but this seemed like the best one, when all was said and done. According to the description of the hotel, it's in the town center and a fifteen-minute walk away from the beach. I certainly hope that's true, because the plan is to spend a lot of time relaxing on the shores of the Mediterranean. Also, apparently there are trains in Nice that can get one to Cannes, Marseille, and Monte Carlo, Monaco in about twenty minutes flat. I'll try to make a day trip to one (or two) of those cities during my time there. Preferably to Monte Carlo, but that's because I sort of want to fangirl over every square inch of ground that Grace Kelly stepped on... maybe.

Anyway, my day has basically been spent imagining la Côte d'Azur and trying in my mind to convert the chilly autumn breeze here into a salty sea one, but of course, without much luck. Because, believe me, if I have to endure another month of philosophy, I'm gonna do it with the French Riviera occupying the space into which I will inevitably be staring. I have no doubts about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment